Discover Copper Mountain Colorado
Escape to the ultimate Rocky Mountain resort town!
Located just 15 minutes from central Summit County, Copper Mountain feels worlds away. With countless events, festivals and attractions, this Colorado resort town is a fun-filled destination for your Rocky Mountain vacation. The town is built around the Copper Mountain Resort with easy access to award-winning restaurants, excellent shopping and fun activities for visitors of all ages.
About Copper Mountain Colorado
During the summer months, head to West Lake to rent bumper boats or hydro-bikes and try out the zipline. Spend an afternoon taking in the beautiful scenery on the challenging, yet fun Copper Creek golf course. Or maybe simply sit and enjoy a cocktail in a lounge chair at the base of the mountain!
In the winter, hit the slopes for 140 trails, 2,490 skiable acres and 2,601 vertical feet of skiing and snowboarding or explore one of the many cross-country ski trails. Head to the Copper tubing hill for a thrilling experience for the whole family. After a big day in the snow, settle in at one of the many Copper Mountain restaurants for some après ski beverages and food.
Why a Copper Mountain Vacation Rental?
Great local attractions located nearby:
- Copper Mountain Resort
- West Lake & Adventure Park
- Woodward Copper
Our Copper Mountain vacation rentals offer comfort, convenience, and great locations so you can access everything of interest in the area. In addition, 5 Diamond Lodging offers over 25 years of superior guest service that keeps bringing visitors back year after year. Don’t be a number, get great rentals and personalized service with 5 Diamond Lodging.
Things to Know if You Are Visiting Copper Mountain, CO
Copper Mountain is the perfect destination if you want to have a world of fun at your fingertips. The central village is home to tons of activites and attractions to keep the entire family entertained, while keeping everybody close together.
- Origin of the Town: During the 1700s, trappers and fishermen used the area as a summer base camp to access the Ten Mile Creeks for fish, game and fresh water. Copper Mountain received its name from a prospector looking for gold during the mid 1800s. When he began digging, he found copper instead of gold which led to the name.
- Elevation: The base of Copper has an elevation of 9,712’. The summit of Copper Mountain sits at 12,441’!
- Population: The town is home to roughly 300 full-time residents.
- Local Insights: Copper Mountain is a great destination for families and those wanting a condensed resort-style town to easily travel between activities, dining and lodging. The town also provides easy access to great hiking and backcountry skiing on Vail Pass.
- Copper Mountain to Copper Mountain Ski Resort: 0 miles!
- Copper Mountain to Breckenridge Ski Resort: 19 miles
- Copper Mountain to Vail Ski Resort: 20 miles
- Copper Mountain to Keystone Resort: 21 miles
- Copper Mountain to Loveland Ski Area: 22 miles
- Copper Mountain to Arapahoe Basin Aki Area: 23.5 miles
- Copper Mountain Resort
- West Lake – Boats, Zipline & Bikes
- Adventure Activities – Go-Karts, Quad Power Jump, Rocky Mountain Coaster & Climbing Wall
- Ice Skating & Tubing Hill
- Closest to Vail
- Woodward Copper & Critterland for Kids
- Copper Creek Golf Course
- Easy to Access Fishing, Bike Paths, Walking & Hiking trails
At 5 Diamond Lodging Inc, all of our properties are owned and loved by the people of Summit County. Whatever your needs, we are committed to finding you the perfect home base for your stay in Copper Mountain or the greater Summit County area.