Plan a Dillon Colorado Vacation
To Enjoy Unmistakable Colorado Charm in Comfort & Style!
Dillon is one of several towns throughout Colorado’s popular Summit County. Known for its central Summit County location, large beautiful reservoir and close proximity to several of Colorado’s most popular ski mountains, there are lots of reasons to visit Dillon Colorado for a vacation!
About Dillon CO
This charming town is situated between Frisco, Silverthorne, and Keystone. Despite being a small town, Dillon features breathtaking panoramic views of both Lake Dillon and the surrounding mountains. Another added benefit of vacationing in Dillon is that the town is removed from the larger crowds in the main resort areas of Colorado.
Guests can enjoy walkable spaces with easy access to key attractions like Lake Dillon, the Dillon Marina, and the Dillon Amphitheater. If you plan on visiting during the summer months, the community comes alive with a weekly concert series, awesome farmer’s markets and so much more to do!
Why a Vacation Rental in Dillon?
Great local attractions located nearby:
- Lake Dillon Marina
- Lake Dillon Amphitheater
- Dillon Farmers Market
Our Dillon vacation rentals offer comfort, convenience, and great locations so you can access everything of interest in the area. In addition, 5 Diamond Lodging offers over 25 years of superior guest service that keeps bringing visitors back year after year. Don’t be a number, get great rentals and personalized service with 5 Diamond Lodging.
Things to Know if You Are Visiting Dillon, CO
Come wander the sparkling shores of Lake Dillon this summer. Dillon truly comes alive when the warm weather comes around. Enjoy this environmentally sensitive town as you explore all the outdoor amenities while rubbing shoulders with the friendly locals.
- Origin of the Town: The town was named after prospector Tom Dillon and incorporated in 1883. Over the years, the town has been relocated several times as the neighboring city of Denver grew and due to the formation of the reservoir now known as Lake Dillon. The boom of recreational skiing in the late 1960s has resulted in the town becoming a major alpine environment.
- Elevation: Dillon is situated 9,111 feet above sea level.
- Population: There are 865 full-time residents living in Dillon.
- Local Insights: Dillon is a great place to spend the day and is only a 20-minute drive from six major ski slopes. However, there is also plenty of winter fun to enjoy right in town. Take part in ice skating, sleigh rides, ice fishing and more.
- Dillon to Keystone Resort: 7 miles
- Dillon to Arapahoe Basin Aki Area: 11.5 miles
- Dillon to Copper Mountain: 13 miles
- Dillon to Loveland Ski Area: 13.5 miles
- Dillon to Breckenridge Ski Resort: 16 miles
- Dillon Farmers Market
- Lake Dillon Marina - Tiki bar, boat - kayak and paddleboard rentals
- Lake Dillon Amphitheater - Concerts (both FREE & paid performances), FREE movie nights on Lake Dillon
- Rainbow Park
- Easy access to bike paths as well as hiking and walking trails
- Movie theater & bowling alley
- Holiday Tree
- Dillon Ice Castles
Taking a well deserved holiday doesn’t have to come at a premium. For budget-conscious travelers, our vacation rentals in Dillon offer the best of both worlds with million-dollar views of the surrounding area at an affordable rate.
At 5 Diamond Lodging Inc, all of our properties are owned and loved by the people of Summit County. Whatever your needs, we are committed to finding you the perfect home base for your stay in Dillon.